Words.

Are there no ends to the tricks you can make words perform?

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Time Machine

We're here. All of us. You're looking into me, and I'm staring out at you. This is the time machine, the portal to other worlds. I've been waiting for you, see. I've been wandering the hallways and the corridors of time and space. It's been a while. You needed to be here last summer, I think. Last summer I was more myself. This time, I'm a little more someone else.
Can you recognize me, or am I asking too much? This is just me, see. This is me, and that was me, and this will be me. I can see the future, as surely as Prometheus, and I can smell the subtle winds of the past. A thousand, thousand lives, and a thousand, thousand loves, and a thousand, thousand leavings to be seen, that have been done.
At least we're still here.
All of us.
You looking into me, while I stare at you.
The time machine is broken now.
We're stuck here.
But it's all right.
It'll always be all right.
We have each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment