Words.

Are there no ends to the tricks you can make words perform?

Friday, July 23, 2010

Oct 30 2007

I'm sane in my own mind
but that's not saying much.
I also think purple and orange go well
and banana splits are gymnastic tricks.
I'm sure I don't know
a stronger, higher being.
Self control I often overlook.
Mediocracy is a form of self-abuse
I happily heap on myself.
I write quotes at the end of tests
without ever citing an author.
I live in the water
and pain makes me wonder.
I grow outside myself too often
but sometimes not enough
and it burns like liquid ice.
I was infected in my youth
a virus called infatuation broke my defenses
plagued my body.
I thought I'd fought it off
the doctors said I could go
but a second outbreak's coming
without a hospital in sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment