Words.

Are there no ends to the tricks you can make words perform?

Monday, December 6, 2010

Shoplifting.

I wanted to remember, in the same way you wanted to forget.

Stealing isn't a hobby or a thrill
as much as it's second nature.
Stealing innocence, stealing kisses,
stealing time,
the same way pomegranate lip balm got stolen -
picked up and carried around
until everyone forgets...
And then walk out between the doors.
It's what you'd expect from him,
not me.
But I do it...
On occasion, except
the thievery's getting more frequent now.
I've been stealing
your breath
your smile
your right to life.

Sorry 'bout that.

Or really, I'm not.

Do you see the doubles?
It's double vision.
Splitting what we see
until it isn't.
And by we,
I mean I.
Because I see what isn't there.
Not quite,
not yet.
And believe, just begin.

I wanted to remember, in the same way you wanted to forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment