Words.

Are there no ends to the tricks you can make words perform?

Sunday, January 16, 2011

This is a postcard poem

I'm trying something new.
As much as I love the way words look on a screen, I love the way it feels to compose on paper even more.
I've started my postcard poems.
The plan is to make two a night every day until the end of the semester. Maybe more, maybe less. Then I'll send them out to people I don't know. People who might not care. But it's a start, isn't it?

My poems for tonight were on blue cards.

I.
This is a postcard poem
a composition without
discernible meaning, but
of some import to a
faceless writer, hidden
in a neverland she's
always longed to escape
from.

II.
This is a postcard poem
Possibly plagiarized from
a pilgrim's mind as he
placed each foot before
the other on his perilous
journey towards a summit
he later found was
downhill.

No comments:

Post a Comment