Words.

Are there no ends to the tricks you can make words perform?

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

4/20

Happy holidays, to any and all who celebrate.

I'm not afraid of being jealous of your abilities to fight back.

I'm not afraid of being jealous of your abilities to forget.

I say I have a shitty memory, and then the details refuse to leave me alone. I'm caught.

There are a few upsides to life.

But more downsides.

Do you realize how many people are leaving?

It's going to hurt. It does hurt. I wish she had told me before she told us all. I'm getting better at acting, but in the moments of shock, it still shows through. The bitterness still finds life.

I made the mistake yesterday of knowing things. I don't like knowing things. Sometimes. Having it thrown in my face is - at the least - uncomfortable.

But I'm running away, this summer. To better and brighter things.

He asked me if I would live with him, this summer. Train with his memories.

I can't wait. I have no idea what I'll do.

I want--

I want...

Class starts in twenty-two minutes. I don't want to go. I want to stay here, amongst the books and spin fantastical tales. I want to be amazing.

What's the biggest problem with being alive?

...knowing it won't last.

The same problem for all good things, I suppose. I guess I'm free now, escaped.

I just hope it stays that way. I've walked out of reminders of the past. I'm going to sever connections with a world I don't belong in.

Just a creature of water.

Where are you?
Where are we?

Right here.
Right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment