Words.

Are there no ends to the tricks you can make words perform?

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Aug 24 2010

So surreal
Being alive, and not
breathing air near the end
of the tunnel.
I can't breathe,
and I can't...

The hours pass
as a collection of moments
broken moments
that threaten memory
to fade and fail.
But these moments
these memories
are all that keep me
from being beside
the absence of fear
just in the light
just alive
just beyond and
just behind and
just beyond and -
This is the justice of
the air, hidden inside,
trapped in these words
that promise nothing
but missing who is gone
Just vanished
like smoke or my dreams
of echoing the human side
of things.
Of people, places.
It's all blood under the
scars; can't you hear the screams
I ripped mid flesh
while the background
muses hum,
mere humans complain
that they never had a chance
that they were trapped
before their time
and all the words they spew
come away as fire
and icicles
and laugh
as the days pass
because
hold
onto the world
the way you wanted
I can't let go
and don't want to
the way a man made magic
the way I heard
the creaking devil bones
and wanted something
more.
Just the stories, but with
the bones.
I heard it, and I felt few
And they only say
Jesus and good versus evil
like my mind falls through
into a stoner's haze
when the stones begin to fall
from a cut wrist
leaking pebbled blood
a monument, a testament;
just a letter that might be
mistake;
because I've planned to
and I promise I will
because promise...
Amuse your mind and
free your hearts.
And blood draws in the
background in evil voices
so I fall asleep,
passed out on the stars
that pretend I was human
all along
that I could love
human all along.


But this is inside
and I was just a star.

No comments:

Post a Comment