Words.

Are there no ends to the tricks you can make words perform?

Friday, September 17, 2010

I still miss you.

I find traces
hidden across the shards
of the web,
across the powerful notion
of nationality
pride, maybe values.
With you inside, hiding,
in that way you have
like you'll get a laugh
by bending rules
until I break.
And maybe I've learned to miss you
or maybe its only an idea now
just trying out new wings.
Juxtapose what sings
over the dying screams.
But maybe.
I find faces
in these places and
reconcile just for a while
within the smiling
aces -
only a short day's graces
bend and break
nor give nor take this
facade away
not now, never today.
Only tomorrow,
the way we promised to
return to the past
broken moments
maybe meant something
to someone
anyone
no one
I'd believe again, but I'm me again,
too far away to be seen again
if ever
if only ever
belief comes from never knowing
only holding
only hoping the present
won't break into
mosaics.
Like the bits and pieces I
knew from when sky dyed
blue-grey-green - the sheen
of sun over the taste of lies
might as well be
the truth, or both of us
will die.
Swiftly, maybe, gently, save me.

No comments:

Post a Comment