Words.

Are there no ends to the tricks you can make words perform?

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Nanowrimo 2011

I have no idea what to call this piece, this time, but it's a Greek legend fast-forwarded in time. Looks something like this, synopsis-wise:

The Cast
Ekaris/Icarus - the mental patient
Detlas/Daedalus - his father
Mynus/Minos - the bajillionaire
Pasify/Pasiphae - his wife, who has a problem with animals
Toran/Minotaur - their child





Excerpt:

From Mynus to Detlas,
I have heard of you. I have heard a great deal about you, as a matter of fact, and because I have heard what I have heard about you, I wish to have you visit my Isle of Kreet and help me on a certain matter I have had issue with. The matter is of course, highly sensitive, or I would share it with you here. As it is, rest assured I have ascertained that you, Detlas, are the only one who will be able to help me with this particular problem. I have heard enough to know this is true.



Word count: 1978

No comments:

Post a Comment