Words.

Are there no ends to the tricks you can make words perform?

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Four Letter Words

When did reality come to haunt me?

I love. I hate. I fear.

Love you. Hate you. Fear you.

Damn you.

Damn you.

All your emotions. All the things you force me to feel - damn you. And hold me close so I can hate you while I love you. Hold me close; I'm the wild animal tamed under touch. But still wild. Still dangerous.

Love me, damn you. Hold me. Hate... I hate that you love and I can't prove you wrong. Hate that I'm beginning to feel this. Hold me, damn you.

Make me. I dare you.

I'll hurt you. So hurt me first. Let me hate you so it won't hurt me when I love you.

I don't want you.

Free - I want to be free.

This is binding. You're holding me captive. Hold me, hurt me, love me -

Damn you!

I can't fight you.

Let me go! Let. Me. Go.

I am my own, not yours. Not yours. Don't touch, don't antagonize. I am myself. Don't... Don't...

Those words.

You're a spider with a web. Damn you. Damn your words.

I love you - hate you.

Hate you. Don't touch me!

Hold me.

Captive. Captivated.

Hurt me. Make me. Kill me, mark me. But don't touch me.

This is fear; can you taste it? I hate you, hate you, hate...

Don't say that!

Let me go!

No hands, not there, not here -

Stop, stop, stop -

I want -

I hate -

Love -

Need -

No - don't, don't!

Hurt, hate, hell...

Don't. Please...please, don't.

I love you.

Damn you.

No you don't.

Yes, I do.

Please, please don't. I don't want -

I love you.

No, please -

I love you.

No, no, no, no -

I.

- nonono -

Love.

No. No. No.

You.

-
-
-

What'd I tell you? Say it often enough and anyone will believe it.

What now?

Get rid of her, I guess.

Why?

What d'you mean, 'why'? It was just an experiment.

But -

But
what? She believed you, you got what you wanted, and now you can drop her. Simple as that. I gotta go now, though. Catch up with you later.

-
-
-

Don't touch me. Please.

Then I won't.

You know what you've done?

I... I'm sorry.

Sorry? Sorry? Ha! Don't apologize to me. Words are power. It's yourself you should be talking to.

Wait! Don't go.

Why not?

Be-because... I - I love you.

I know. Goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment