Words.

Are there no ends to the tricks you can make words perform?

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Selfish.

Sometimes, I don't know why I do things or why I say things. I want to be liked. I need to be liked by someone. I don't need love - I just need someone who will tolerate my presence, maybe care enough to answer me back every once in a while. All I need is the kind of person who can live without losing himself...herself. I want more though.
Maybe that's just me being selfish.
I've been selfish a lot, lately. I do have to wonder if it's contagious. Maybe it's catching... I've gotten sick, then, I suppose. I've picked up what you had. Have. Still have. It's like AIDS - the disease catches you...and then you have it forever, once contracted. There is no cure, but it can be made better...temporarily.
What a nice way to go.
Sorry. I knew I was selfish.
Forgive me.
I'm human.
I should have been more.

No comments:

Post a Comment