Words.

Are there no ends to the tricks you can make words perform?

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Under touch of madness.

There are only a few thousand miles to cross. A world, and then some. A bit of air, a patch of ocean and land. I could make it there if I wanted to, but I have an addiction to this grip on sadness and the feeling of being not quite whole.

These songs warn me that you'll come back one day. No matter how far. It's called love, they say in whispered words that I have to believe. Once you hear something this many times... It's impossible not to remember, even if there's difficulty in belief. But I never had difficulty believing in strangers.

We are strangers in a strange land, touching words and wisdoms that never came to mind when we were safely ensorcled back home.

The tears come from the birds for the failures of the human race, and the clouds. The doves weep for the clouds.

And I cry for the ocean.

Sometimes it's hard to remember what friendship tastes like when it's all mixed up in possibilities. But that's the thread we hold closest, and the one that binds us, for as long as memory may hold.

I'm not a goldfish.

Even though I sometimes feel the past slipping through the cracks in the back and bottom of my skull; my fingers will always remember, but I don't.

You'll be the first of too many lasts, and the last of not enough firsts. But don't take this personally because the sun has gone down and the music is still fresh in my head. It's telling me that I cry when you smile, and maybe I do, but it's the first time when I've understood how people can cry for joy.

Or sorrow.

Or at all.

Make promises on empty air and cups filled with tea.

Just a coincidence that kitchen knives are made of the same material as bridges. And silk still stops bullets aimed for the heart, but maybe not the head. We're too thought-oriented, and not enough. And maybe these words will reach somewhere inside us until things fall apart. But maybe not, again.

Maybe not yet.

Please don't walk away. Please... Just stay with me. It's a question of who meant what and the end line was in the end zone a bit too far out in left field so it was the next team's right. It's all over. Welcome to the madness. Welcome to the start.

I'll stay.

You come to me.

2 comments:

  1. Hannah, your work it amazing! i love it! You have given me many awesome words of encouragment. You're awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete