Words.

Are there no ends to the tricks you can make words perform?

Monday, February 14, 2011

I think.

I think we
should curl up together
breathe the same air
laugh softly at inside jokes
jokes inside our heads,
not shared yet

I think we
should play the piano
or maybe you play and I'll
listen to notes that go sour
the moment they disconnect
from your fingertips.
Until then, they were pure.

I think we
should run away
maybe on our own
try this whole lonely thing
everyone says it happens
eventually
we've been joined at the hip
since before I knew you existed -
but maybe that's exaggeration.

I think we
should become pirates
fight wars and be bandits
of the seas,
all seven -
though there're more -
and steal rich men's treasures

I think I
would keep it
just for proof of Bragging Rights
but

I think you
would give it away
like a little Robin Hood
might pay back the poor
for all their troubles
with rich bastards
like me.
And maybe

I think we
aren't as alike as everyone
seems to think
that we're not the same person
but even if we share a face,
a father, a host of
deoxyribonucleic acid
just twins,
that's all, and everyone knows


You're the good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment