Words.

Are there no ends to the tricks you can make words perform?

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Kiss me concrete
to remind me
to rewind me
back to better days
when a smokey haze
filled my brain
with promises
you promised
you'd make good on
maybe four months,
or four years
from today
but I'm reminding myself
that I'm alive again
like I've always been
used to being.
Strong again
strong along again
and again
and again
by this substance
this matter between
my ears
behind
my eyes.
This brain that insists
again
and again
and again
that I'm not going home
not again
because I've found a better
place to rot away
my time
my life
my purpose.
Like termites breaking
up wood in a forest
like the rest
that no one around here gets...
Rip the carnivore
from the herbivore's belly
and tell me why
he's stuck on repeat
inside my disco-tech mainframe.
I'm a high, technologically advanced
piece of machinery
living on green reasons and
rhyme schemes.
And pain sequences loaded
into the database.

No comments:

Post a Comment