Words.

Are there no ends to the tricks you can make words perform?

Friday, February 18, 2011

Ink Girl

I stole the girl from your past life, the way she smiled. I wanted to kidnap the gleam in her grey-green eyes, eyes with the smooth shimmer of an unnatural silent ocean. I saw her picture on the TV that doubles as your computer screen, the first morning after. The waking up in a bed not my own, by a warm body I didn't know - but you were still sleeping when I saw her face.

I only remember her eyes. Maybe her hair was dark, but her eyes glittered. She could have been smiling, but the wide surprise at having her photo taken was all that remained.

I wanted to bring her to life on the page, to breathe new life into her existence with newly inked lungs and a newly formed consciousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment