Words.

Are there no ends to the tricks you can make words perform?

Thursday, September 1, 2011

My Guilt

I want my life
to be shimmer -
not glitter and good memories
but the shine
everyone's determined to see
beyond
what's the point of knowing to say you were
right - life sucks?
why not take the present
at face value
and value the faces
that smile your way -
smile first to provoke
a grin.
I dunno why...
I just don't want to know,
sometimes.
maybe some people hate
the willfully ignorant -
but I can't bring myself to
face the fear, some days.
I can't always be brave.
Sometimes I need that
security blanket of ignorance -
of Not Knowing.
I want to be safe -
if you don't hear about
the monsters
why suspect them in
the closet?
completely isolated...where
nothing could touch me
not a vacuum in reality,
just in realization.
a perfect isolation to self.
lonely... but self.
that's my guilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment