Words.

Are there no ends to the tricks you can make words perform?

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Excerpts from Timeless, 8/4/10

I had a phone in my hand and was texting god, asking why it was so damn hard to sit here and watch people leave. God doesn't have a response time, or a prearranged message to send to people. And god doesn't have texting either, but I couldn't bring myself to call, because any phone call I made to heaven was going to be collect, and I've already charged enough on my account up there.

I wanted to know what it felt like to know death so well I wouldn't have to touch it with my own hands to understand what was going on.

After breathing air for almost two full decades, I wasn't sure what to do with nitrogen. Alice in Wonderland came to mind - Eat Me. But I didn't feel like resorting to cannibalism to cure a problem that wasn't going to be a problem, because I decided it wasn't going to be a problem. So instead of figuring out that taking Lewis Carol's cake seriously was a good idea, I went with Ignore Me.



--Closing the day at 10,065 words--

No comments:

Post a Comment