Words.

Are there no ends to the tricks you can make words perform?

Sunday, August 22, 2010

News flash.

One last silence in the elegant curtain of velvet night. Why is it always nights? Midnight, no less. Midmorning might have been a better beat for your heart. You were there. I saw your spirit there, grinning like all hell was loose. Sneaking out of heaven, are we? Dodging the angelic prison guards. We talked this over once before, when you said religion was the sin. I'm still going to school but no loner do I pray. A cross still hangs on my wall but He's gone from it. Criminal, the convict who dared declare himself. You're grinning, aren't you?

Yes.

Yes, I did.

Because you told me to.

No... It's in the attic. And him?

I killed him.

What do you mean, Heaven is real?

No comments:

Post a Comment